Monday, February 05, 2007


Sunday brought my first day off. Took a 5.5 hour walk from the apartment in arrondissement, 7 all the way up to Monmartre and back. Of course I found a few patisseries along the way. Stumbled upon Stohrer which bills itself as a Patissier, Chocolatier, Glacier & Traieur. It is one of the two oldest patisseriers in Paris, famous for its catering, pastries, chocolates and ice cream. It was founded in 1730 in the reign of Louis XV. Stohrer features murals painted in 1864 by Paul Baudry, whose works include the Grand Foyer of the Paris Opera. This is where I found my first french donut and man oh monsieur did i enjoy it. Savored its sugary fried goodness when I got to the top of Monmartre.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tineke said...

Bonjour Baguette Jessica,

Comment ça va? Ça va très froid ici....brrrr.. Amuse à Paris!

À bientôt,
Tineke

7:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What, no "Royale with Cheese" at the Pari Mickey D.

7:35 PM  
Blogger America Pants said...

Dont worry Mumma - I stopped by the fanciest Mcdon ive ever seen

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home