Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Lady & the Unicorn

Two days ago I visited the Musee Cluny and sat in one of my favorite rooms in Europe. I am not one for medieval art but the 6 tapestries of The Lady and the Unicorn are so beautiful and serene.

In the tapestries a noble lady, a unicorn, her servant, a lion and a monkey depict the 5 senses plus one - A Mon Seul Desir (To my only desire) or Love. I thought taste, in which the lady is eating candy out of a dish held by her servant, was particularly appropriate.

Every time I touch a Parisian pastry I feel as though a majestic unicorn is by my side & there is a little monkey at my feet to eat the crumbs.

1 Comments:

Blogger S My Name is.... said...

She reminds me of Smush

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home